Enemy: 2, attempt: 1.
Today I started by finally biting the bullet and creating a new enemy. With all the alien talk circulating right now, I really wanted to find a cool UFO png file to convert to my new enemy spaceship. This is what I found:
So I took this png and converted it to a sprite by adding a rigidbody2D as well as a 2D circle collider. After attaching the enemy script and replacing all enemies with the new enemy, this is what I came up with.
As you can see, there are a few problems. First, the enemies look *horrible*… and not in a good way. I thought the glowing green accents would look really sharp but when shrunken down to size, they just look really sloppy and pixilated and of poor quality. Also, they only shoot one laser (compared to the two the normal enemy deploys) and the explosion animation is way too small. I think it’s rather odd to run into such problems as it’s basically just substituting what the enemy *looks* like. I’m confused on why *anything* is different to be honest (besides the sprite itself).
Overall, I’m not really happy with this look and will go back and tinker with my 2D shooter game in my spare time. BECAUSE we believe that this will be our last week with GameDevHQ (due to the end of current government funding), I’ve decided to move onto the next assignment which is entitled “Stealth Game and Cinematography”. Some of my group members have been working on this for a while already and it look like it could be a lot of fun!